10/10/2019 - 11/10/2019 - Call for Papers – IFRS: Global Rules & Local Use – Beyond the Numbers
Department of International Business at Metropolitan University Prague organises 7th International Scientific Conference "IFRS: Global Rules & Local Use – Beyond the Numbers".
DATE: 10–11 October 2019
VENUE: Metropolitan University Prague, Dubečská 900/10, Prague 10, Czech Republic
About the conference
Scholars, students and the public at large who wish to know more about bridging the gap between international accounting rules (IFRS) and local applications are invited to share their knowledge and experience at this event organised by the Metropolitan University Prague. Issues to be discussed involve finance, accounting, and management.
With the current trend towards accounting harmonisation, the aim of this conference is to focus on specific accounting differences and what lies behind them. Topics should be researched both theoretically and practically, focussing on practices in emerging markets and transitional economies.
The special guest speaker is Professor David Alexander, University of Birmingham, renowned expert in IFRS and international finance and accounting.
Other key guests include:
Distinguished academics, Professor Anne Jeny, ESSEC Business School, France and Dr. Josef Horák ŠKODA AUTO University as well as expert speakers from the finance and accounting profession, Ms. Alice Machová (CFA Society Czech Republic and EY), Mr. Martin Tesař (Deloitte) and more.
A major feature of this now well-established conference is an emphasis on feedback and discussion, from and directed by the chairpersons of the various sessions. A special feature of the conference will be a panel with BA and MA students´ work which they have the ambition to be later developed into research works. Students have the chance to experience the review process and present their ideas to academics and experts attending the conference. As a result, one paper from this section has been published in the journal LogForum indexed in Web of Science, in 2018! We encourage all students to participate.
Topics suitable for the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Specific issues related to incorporation of EU Accounting Directives into national accounting rules
- Valuation of companies in transitional markets
- Corporate social responsibility
- Sustainability, environmental and integrated reporting
- Historical perspectives on IFRS in different countries
- Relationship between tax and accounting
- Financial reporting for SMEs
- Impression management
- Territorial aspects, e.g. growing importance of developing countries
- International taxation
- Regional impact of international trade regulations
- IFRS & capital markets
Instruction for authors
For instructions on how to submit your papers please click here.
Scientific papers submitted to the conference will go through a rigorous review process. After acceptance, contributions will be included in the conference proceedings. (Authors can opt out from publication in the proceedings).
Abstracts and full papers in English should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS WORD file format. Detailed instructions for authors will be on the conference website.
Full papers: August 15, 2019
Revised papers: September 15, 2019
Thursday, October 10, 2019: 8.30–16.00; 16.30, Prague Walking tour; 18.30 conference dinner
Friday, October 11, 2019: 9.00–14.00
Irena Jindrichovska, Metropolitan University Prague
Dana Kubickova, University of Finance and Administration, Prague
Martina Varkockova, Metropolitan University Prague
Conference proceedings with ISBN will be published on conference web. Online conference proceedings will be sent for evaluation to THOMSON REUTERS to be entered on the Conference Proceedings Citation Index.
Conference proceedings from years 2014, 2015,2016, 2017 and 2018 have been included on the Web of Science Core Collection which is integrated in the WEB OF SCIENCE THOMSON REUTERS (CLARIVATE).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
- Register via email email@example.com
- Submit full paper by August 15, 2019 (see Instructions for Authors on the web)
- Comments on the paper will be communicated within 20 days
- Submit revised version of full text by September 20, 2019
- Notification of acceptance is issued within 7 days after submission
- Pay conference fee by September 15, 2019 (see instructions below)
- Attend conference October 10-11, 2019 and present your work
140 EUR (CZK 25.7 * 140 = 3,598)
Conference fee options:
- Incoming and presenting participants 140 EUR (CZK 3.598)
- Late paper submissions (after August 20) will be charged fee 170 EUR (CZK 4,369).
Payment – Bank Transfer for payments in EUR:
Payment in EUR to account No. 232013519/85050100; please add note: IFRS NAME SURNAME
IBAN: DE17 8505 0100 0232 0135 19
Payment – Bank Transfer for payments in CZK:
Payment in CZK to account No. 294158339/0800; please add note: IFRS NAME SURNAME
IBAN: CZ33 0800 0000 0002 9415 8339
- Presenting/publishing PhD students pay discounted fee 120 EUR (CZK 3.584).
- Attendance certificate will be issued automatically and handed out at the end of the conference.
- If you have any issues and cannot come to present, please communicate with us in advance on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fee includes:
- Review process and conference proceedings on web
- Lunches during both conference days, dinner on Day 1
- Coffee and refreshments during both days